Friday, July 20, 2012

(Tue. 6/12/12) NY (Phone Update)

I apologize for those who may have been waiting to hear updates from from Brett for the past month. I have not had easy access to a computer during that time. In addition, I have not had very much communication with Brett. Most of the problem has been cell phone reception. But Brett also may not have called as much because he did not want to interrupt my time with family, and finding time when he was not hiking and when I was at home to talk to him without being surrounded by family was a little difficult.

During this short phone call Brett did not let me know his location.  He crossed into New York two days before. He was staying in the basement of a church with a kitchen and was taking a walk to the grocery store to get some snacky food. He decided to take a zero day. Brett said he was ready for one; besides, it was going to be raining all day.

Brett said that there were no more outfitters around for him to easily get supplies. He asked me to start looking for some things for him. He second pair of shoes were going out. I ended up shipping him a new pair of shoes, sock liners, hiking pole tips, and a smaller pair of underwear.

Brett has lost 45 pounds and now weighs close to 195 pounds.

No comments: